I. We want atmospheric, authentic and innovative World Championships in a unique mountain environment whose limits and need for protection we respect.
- The World Championships should be a gathering of ski sports friends from all over the world, who celebrate in an atmosphere of friendship and sportsmanship. We want to revive the spirit of St. Moritz, to create an event which will be remembered and recounted – by athletes, coaches, visitors, media representatives, functionaries and helpers alike.
- To be authentic means to us that reality and appearance match. We want to live up to the following criteria:
Awareness: we are aware of our strengths and weaknesses and act with conviction.
Openness: we see things as they really are and accept even unpleasant feedback.
Consistency: we act according to our values even if they do not work out to our advantage. Sincerity: we pledge ourselves to our mountain region and are proud to represent the Engadine and its culture.
- We see the World Championships as an opportunity to move the label “Top of the World" forward and into the future. "The World Ski Championships St. Moritz 2017" will be regarded as an innovative, inspiring and open-minded organisation. We respect the limits and the need for protection of our environment.
- The "mountain and winter sports experience" shared by all stakeholders has top priority. We use the confinement of space to enable a great get-together.
- We guarantee a snow event with a unique spirit, be it on the spot or anywhere in the world, linked together by digital communications technology.
- All concepts (sports, transport, security, etc.) comply with the highest standards of sustainable development and respect political and social developments.
II. Our focus is on skiing competitions in an infrastructure that has no equal in the world, with a sustainable positive effect on St. Moritz.
- Our focus is on the athletes! We want competitions at the highest level, competitions that offer spectators on the spot and at home in front of their screens authentic, exciting and fair sport events in a unique mountain setting, without jeopardizing the safety of the athletes.
- We use the World Championships to launch innovative projects. By doing so, we create ideal conditions for the event to be a success. At the same time we generate a sustainable effect for our touristic product and for the promotion of alpine snow sports.
- We organize competitions at the highest level. On race tracks which make spectacular and fair sport events a reality for those watching on the spot and at home in front of their screens – without jeopardizing the safety of the athletes.
- All measures that we take are guided by our aim of organizing successful World Championships but also – on the basis of their sustainability – of promoting St. Moritz and the destination Engadin St. Moritz.
III. The World Championships are a chance for us, together with our partners, to create enthusiasm for alpine snow sports among young people worldwide.
- Investments in the World Championships 2017 form the foundations for the development in the Engadine of a worldwide centre of event competence.
- Together with Swiss Ski, Swiss Olympic, the Confederation, the Canton of Graubünden, science and industry, we want to build a centre for the advancement of athletes and sport enthusiasts from all over the world and for the further development of sport.
- This infrastructure should benefit not only high-performance sport, but also popular sport, and expand the touristic offer.
- In particular, projects should be developed with the aim of creating enthusiasm for snow sports among young people.
- We consider the World Championships 2017 as a chance to build a competence centre for sports in general and for the advancement of winter sports in particular.
- We take into account that young people have limited financial means. By this we intend to counteract – with global scope - the widening gap between a young urban population and winter sports in the mountains.
IV. Through the World Championships we cultivate a true WE-feeling in the Engadine, thereby strengthening an authentic and shared understanding of hospitality.
- The spirit of St. Moritz is defined by its hospitality. Not just any hospitality, but the true Engadine item. Highly valued as a precious asset, this hospitality conveys identity and self-confidence to the population living and working in the Engadine and unites them with their guests. Our hospitality shall be an expression of respect for all the people who come to us but also for those living here.
- We offer our guests true quality and a lasting experience. This hospitality begins even before the visitors arrive: it is already felt when guests are still at home and while they are travelling to the Engadine. Once they arrive in the Engadine we welcome them with a warm heart and sit together with them around the same table.
- We contribute to giving young people the opportunity for an affordable experience.
- We support the existing programmes of the Tourist Organization Engadin St. Moritz for the strengthening of Engadine hospitality. These address the attitude of dealing with guests in all areas of hospitality such as lodging, catering, entertainment, activities.
- We use the World Championships for a unique and festive get-together. We treat guests and the local population with care and promote an unforgettable, shared experience.
V. With innovative developments we want to contribute to the future of Engadin St. Moritz as a leading global tourist destination and create a lasting legacy.
- We consider the World Championships as a chance to develop our destination. The focus will be on the following areas:
- Optimization of the alpine snow sports offer for high-performance athletes as well as for the general population.
- Development of media consumption by staging a unique overall experience.
- Building an organization which is capable of handling major events in the Engadine in the long term.
- We use the World Championships to show the way forward in tourism and sport, be it for high-performance athletes or for the general public.